Beginning of the Corsica trip where I start my hiking trail one of the most difficult trials in Europe (GR20).
Travel to Corsica
How to get to Corsica? You have two options: flight by plane or by prom.
I choose the option to fly a plane from Warsaw (Poland) to Calvi (Corsica, France) with a transfer connection in Paris (France). The whole trip took me one day because I needed to start from the transfer from the city where I live (Wrocław, Poland) to Warsaw (Poland).
So full trip looked like this:
- Railway from Wrocław to Warsaw
- Warsaw to Paris by plane
- Paris to Calvi by plane
What to see in Calvi city?
We spend in Calvi one day and it is enough time to see Calvi before you move to Calenzana to start the GR20 trail.
What did we see at this time?
- From our accommodation what wasn’t close to city center (we had 20 min by walk to go to city center) we saw beautyfull landscape for Calvi bay and Calvi city.
- Inside city you can visit fortrecess where is nice view for bay, mountains, see and city.
- We went to the beach and spend there some time relaxing witch our new friends what we meet on our accommodation place.
- Try some local food next to beach (they don’t have english menu ;/).
- Walk illuminated promenade by night next to bay/beach
Our accommodation from Calvi:
Relais International de la Jeunesse
Address: Route de Pietra Maggiore, 20260 Calvi, France
GPS coordinates: N 042 ° 32.591, E 08 ° 45.559
How to go from the Calvi to Calenzana? How to go to Calenzana start point of GR20?
If you want to go from Calvi to Calenzana you don’t found any bus to go there.
So you have 4 options:
- rent a car an drive there (if you going there to start GR20 I don’t recommend it because there is no place to return the car)
- order a taxi (not cheap but you will get there)
- walk there next to road (around 14,1 km)
- hitchike (and this is what I recommend to do if you go there for a GR20)
I will starting GR20 trail where I can buy gas cartridges?
If you take with you your camping stove to cook something on trial you need gas cartridges that you can’t bring with you to the plane. So, I recommend planning where you can buy it on the island.
Below list of places where you can buy gas cartridges:
- Intersport Calvi – Route territoriale 30, 20260 Calvi, Francja (we bought our gas cartridges here, so we can confirm in this place you can bought it)
- SPAR Supermarché – Rte de Calenzana, 20260 Calvi, Francja
- SPAR – 62 Annonciata, 20214 Calenzana, Francja
I recommend checking what day they have open and what hours. Because on Sunday can be closed 🙂
Tip: On every Refuge where we sleep you can find some camping stove (prepared by the refuge owner) to use and cook something. In rich Refuges, you can buy gas cartridges (not always but sometimes).