This day I went to see China Great Wall, one of the wonders of the world.
How to get from Beijing to the Great Wall?
You have two option:
- in hostel/hotel ask about the organized trip to the Great Wall
- organize your trip yourself (I recommended this option)
This solution I got from my roommate in a hostel where I lived and now I share with you because I did it and is pretty easy to go to the Great Wall (Mutianyu part) with these tips.
- go to the metro station (Dongzhimen) and go out exit H
- found the bus station and grab bus number 916 (cost 20 RMB) in direction Huairou (怀柔) – good to ask the driver to tell you when going out the form the bus
- last part to the Great Wall you go by the bus H23 or H24 (3 RMB) – bus station is on another side of the street or you can grab taxi 40-50 RMB but ask before you enter to cab what is the price.
You can use Apple Map or Baidu Maps to navigate to Great Wall – this app shows you how to ride by public transport.
To back to Beijing use the same tip as I wrote above but in the opposite direction. First taxi or bus (H23 or H24) and next grab bus 916 to Beijing.
Good to have prepared cash to pay for a ticket.
Prices on “Mutianyu” Great Wall
- cost for entrance 45 RMB,
- Shuttle Bus in both directions cost 15 RMB.
Additional price for attractions:
- ropeway in one way 100 RMB, back 120 RMB (child 60 RMB/80 RMB),
- chairlift in one way 100 RMB, back 120 RMB (child 60 RMB/80 RMB),
- Toboggan (downhill on toboggan) 100 RMB.
Photo relation from this trip
Photo relation from this trip below.
Paper toilet machine
First time I saw this machine to get toilet paper. You need to scan this QR code on this machine using WeChat to get a few paper toilet leaf – is for free but you need this app 😉 I write this as a curiosity 🙂